Another day, another omission, another Jared Kushner Lie.
Jared Kushner “enriched himself” by not revealing his ownership of a real estate tech business that raised millions of dollars while he served in the government, said a member of the House Judiciary Committee, calling it part of a pattern of unethical behavior that he believes should cause the White House Senior Adviser to be stripped of his security clearance.
More from Newsweek here.
Do you have dirt on Donald Trump? Larry Flynt is willing to pay you $10 million for information leading to Trump’s removal from office.
More from the Washington Post here.
The Generals in Washington D.C. are beginning to speak truth to power, even if that means contradicting the commander in chief, then so be it.
There’s no indication Mattis is on the outs with the President. And Congress understands, even if some don’t agree, his political sensitivities when dealing with the Trump White House. But there is one problem: It is beginning to look like some generals plan to keep saying exactly what they think as they exercise the military leadership they believe is fundamental, and if that means contradicting the commander in chief, then so be it. Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, one of the nation’s most senior intelligence officers, made this sentiment clear in a speech Tuesday:
”Never forget who we serve. The Citizens of the United States.”
More from CNN here.
Trump’s Lewd Access Hollywood Tape debuts on The Mall in Washington for 12 Hours!
A women’s advocacy group is playing the infamous and lewd “Access Hollywood” video of President Trump on a large screen Friday on the Mall. On repeat. Again and Again. For 12 hours straight.
The demonstration comes the day before the first anniversary of when The Washington Post released the explosive footage, which showed Trump in 2005 bragging in vulgar terms about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women. The previously unaired footage was released Oct. 8, 2016, when Trump was the Republican presidential nominee. More from The Washington Post here.
U.S. Magistrate Elizabeth Laporte smacks down Trump’s executive order of rollback of Obama-era methane emissions.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Elizabeth Laporte of the Northern District of California said Interior had failed to give a “reasoned explanation” for the changes and had not offered details why an earlier analysis by the Obama administration was faulty. She ordered the entire rule reinstated immediately.
“It’s a good thing the courts are protecting Americans from oil and gas industry pollution, because the Trump administration has completely abdicated that responsibility,”
said Michael Saul, a senior attorney with the Center for Biological Diversity, one of the groups that challenged the Trump rule along with California and New Mexico.
“The methane rule puts modest constraints on a dirty practice that endangers public health and wastes billions of taxpayer dollars,” Saul said. President Donald Trump and Interior Secretrary Ryan Zinke “are not above the law and the court has made it clear: They have to stop putting polluters above the people they were sworn to protect,”
More from The Washington Post here.
How Don Jr. and Ivanka Trump avoided criminal prosecution in Trump Soho Project by way of a $25,000 donation.
In one e-mail, according to four people who have seen it, the Trumps discussed how to coördinate false information they had given to prospective buyers. In another, according to a person who read the e-mails, they worried that a reporter might be on to them. In yet another, Donald, Jr., spoke reassuringly to a broker who was concerned about the false statements, saying that nobody would ever find out, because only people on the e-mail chain or in the Trump Organization knew about the deception, according to a person who saw the e-mail. There was “no doubt” that the Trump children “approved, knew of, agreed to, and intentionally inflated the numbers to make more sales,” one person who saw the e-mails told us. “They knew it was wrong.” More from The New Yorker here.
Trump denigrates Mayor Cruz of San Juan, Puerto Rico’s leadership while golfing at his Bedminister golf resort in New Jersey.
“The Mayor of San Juan, who was very complimentary only a few days ago, has now been told by the Democrats that you must be nasty to Trump,”
Trump wrote on Twitter. In another message, he added that Cruz and other local officials
“want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort.”
Trump attacks mayor of San Juan, ratcheting up tensions over crisis in Puerto Rico
The exchange of words came as the island is dealing with widespread power outages, while food, drinking water and other basic necessities are in short supply in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
More on this story from The Washington Post here.